Friday, October 10, 2008

Lord, Help Me to Love...

Elyse Fitzpatrick has the following prayer in her book, Helper By Design. It shows how great our Father's love is for us and how we need His intervention of grace in our hearts to cause us to love as He does. This is my prayer today...may it be yours as well.

Oh Lord, You who loved me when I was unworthy; You who had laid down Your rights as Eternal God and humbled Yourself to become a man and be confined to a fleshly body; You who were rejected by the very ones You came to save; You who suffered humiliation and dreadful pain and separation for my sin that You bore on the cross; You alone know what love is! Help me now, for I see in me a great lack and even an apathy about being like You and loving my husband the way that You do. Please flood me with your love and cause me to love him because of You and to be perpetually consumed by thoughts of You and of Your wonderful wedding day to come. For Your glory and in Your power I pray, Amen.