Monday, March 12, 2012

More of Me????

By Becky A.

No, it's not that I love myself or this picture of me. I just need more of me to go around. Some days I feel like I need these versions of me:

~ Teacher who is kind, gentle, patient, and clear in instructions

~ Wife who can anticipate needs and meet them before he even thinks of them!

~ Housekeeper that LOVES deep cleaning, organizing, and keeping things in their rightful place ALL THE TIME.

~ Driver for those moments when I don't have to go myself but just have to take kids in and come right back.

~ Grocery shopper who can extreme coupon shop at Whole Foods and Fresh Market.

~ Nutritionist that knows all about organic, healthy foods and can whip up six weeks of menus in no time (with grocery lists) and place them on my computer so all I have to do is print them out and give them to the grocery shopper -- all on a budget.

~ Chef who has lots and lots of time to play around with healthy recipes that my family loves because that is all she has to do.

~ Fitness lover who doesn't mind the time it takes to get the exercise done without feeling guilty that she left the kids or is a bit behind in school now.

~ Fun lovin' mom who does nothing but crafts, plays Legos, finishes the EARTH/MOON build and paint project that has been sitting here on my table for weeks, etc.

~ Spiritual trainer who sees each heart issue and deals with it lovingly and immediately, showing God's love in the way she speaks and readily can go to Scripture to share with each child in the specific area.

~ Financially resourceful mom who knows all the best deals, where and when to get them, makes money online just by sitting down at the computer, and ALWAYS stays on budget.

~ Perfect friend, sister, daughter that doesn't mind hours on the phone catching up with people, never forgets a special day, sends cards often, prays fervently for each loved one, can be there at a moment's notice to help out, and can have lunches and coffees as much as the day is long.


These are the few "MEs" I would like today. Some days are just overwhelming in my mind when it comes to my TO-DO list(s).

But there is only one me. But this one me has the power of Almighty God to do what He has called me to do today. It's the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Nothing will be done perfectly, but maybe by His grace, something will be done that honors Him. Maybe today I will bring joy to someone in my household by showing them love and washing their feet (John 13). Possibly He will be pleased with my faithful effort to just do the next thing on my list and bear patiently with any "interruptions" He allows into my day.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Hopefully.

One small me, but one Great Big God.

This article was excerpted from Becky's blog.