Monday, September 10, 2012

Be the One

By Becky A.

On the way to Jerusalem, He was passing along between Samaria and Galilee. And as He entered a village, He was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us." When He saw them He said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went they were cleansed. Then ONE of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving Him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus answered, "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" And He said to him, "Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."

In a world of grumbling and complaining, I want to be counted among the One. I want the Lord to open my eyes to see each and every day what He has done for me. There are so many things in my life that vie for my attention - to worry or be anxious about. Why is that voice so much louder than the voice of the blessings I have right in front of me?

Lord, open my eyes to see Your daily gifts to me. Little things like laundry which means You have blessed me with family who are healthy. Thank You for the opportunity to serve them.

Thank You for the chance to homeschool my kids. Today I dread it, but it's my own sinful, selfish, lazy heart. Instead, make me grateful that they are here with me each day.

Thank You for work, for it reminds me that You cursed the ground and not Adam in the garden.

Thank You for the early morning quiet, because it gives me a chance to refuel with You through prayer and Your Word.

Now, Lord, it's easy to be thankful early in the morning, but only because there has been no chaos yet. My kids will wake up soon, and we will start our day of school and chores. I have mounds of laundry to do, and the garage sale stuff is overtaking my home. Tonight I have company coming to the house. In all of the preparation and all of the things and people I will interact with today - in it ALL - make my heart see YOU and Your gifts.

Show me as many things as I can handle seeing today.

And make me grateful.

Like the One.