Monday, October 8, 2012

Mrs. Grace

By Hannah S.

Don’t you love technology? Many who know me may be surprised to hear such words from my mouth, but technology has allowed me to be blessed many times over the last few months. As we have accepted the precious gift of a new baby into our lives, I have had to make some changes, and one of those changes has to do with one of my favorite things: reading Christian books. As much as I love a good book, my sleepy brain just can’t seem to make it through even a few pages. As I was expressing this to a dear friend, she encouraged me to begin to listen to sermons online as a way to encourage my soul spiritually. What a joy it has been to have at my fingertips some of the greatest communicators in the evangelical world!

One particular message was so convicting and meaningful to me that I wanted to share it with you. The message is by Jani Ortlund and was given at The Gospel Coalition Women’s Conference in Orlando this June. The message is entitled: “Marriage through Gospel Eyes: Mrs. Law or Mrs. Grace” (Click on the title to listen to the message.).

Jani does an incredible job addressing the struggles that we often have of being gracious – especially with our husbands. Her sweet demeanor and her vulnerability help one to digest the conviction that she brings from God’s Word. She shares stories from her own life that allow us to see that she understands the struggle and temptations that many of us face in marriage. Whether your marriage is healthy or whether you are feeling hopeless, Jani brings you hope from God’s word. The answer for a Godly marriage and happy home life is really found in the gospel – the gospel of grace. I pray that as you listen to this message that God’s Word would transform each of us so that our homes are full of grace and our husbands might be happy to call us Mrs. Grace.