Monday, August 1, 2011

Encouraging Our Husbands


By Kim W.

It is so important to encourage our husbands as they work so hard to provide for us, sacrifice for us, and try to love us as Christ loved the church. I am guilty at times of having a heart that says "What about me...what about my needs?" I forget that God wants me to lovingly meet my husband's needs without expecting anything in return. It is very typical in this world for wives, Christians and non-Christians, to criticize or belittle their husbands. I have seen this often...in my extended family, on television, in magazines, and even in some Christian books. I pray we will be women who want to build up our husbands on a daily basis... to tell them and show them by our actions how much we love and appreciate them. If you need help knowing how to do this, Nancy Leigh Demoss has a 30-day challenge on how to love your husband by encouraging him. I have personally found this very helpful to me in my relationship with my husband. It is found here.